Assign License to a User using Licensing Group
March 13, 2022
In this lesson, we will go through the steps on how to add user(s) to a licensing group in your Microsoft 365 tenant.
Step 1: Access Microsoft Admin Center to manage the user’s license.
- On your browser, login to Microsoft 365 Admin Portal via https://portal.office.com
- On the Sign in page, enter your Global Admin username in an email format and then enter your password on the Enter password page. Select Sign in.
- On the Stay signed in? window, select the Don’t show this again check box and then select Yes.
- In the Office 365 home page, in the column of Microsoft 365 app icons on the left-side of the screen, select the Admin icon to navigate to the Microsoft 365 admin center. This will open in a new tab.
5. From the Microsoft 365 Admin center page, navigate to the left column for the admin menus. Expand the User menu and click on Active Users.
Step 2: Add user to a Licensing group.
- On the Active Users page, select the user you would like to add to the licensing group. User information blade will appear on the right panel.
2. In the user’s information blade, under Groups, click on Manage Groups.
3. On the Manage Groups window, Click on Assign Memberships.
4. On the Assign Membership window, select the Licensing group you would like the user to be added to and click on Add. For the purpose of this tutorial, we are assigning the user to E5 Developer License group.
Step 3: Verify if the license has been enabled for the user.
- On the Active Users page, click on the User and a window will appear.
- Select the Licenses and Apps tab.
- Under Licenses, check if the license has been enabled. The checkbox on the license you have assigned, should be ticked.
Sign up free and start learning today!
Practice on REAL servers, learn from our video lessons, interact with the Server Academy community!
More from our blog
Becoming a hacker can be an exciting and rewarding six-figure job. Any product that uses digital technology is a potential target to be hacked – that means not just computers and phones but also your car, thermostats, garage door openers, smart coffee machines, and any other smart home device. That is why ethical/white hat hackers…
Before deciding to become a System Administrator full-time, you might ask yourself, what is the system administrator salary and what can you expect? And, it is reasonable to research if becoming a System Administrator full-time will be a lucrative career. But the answer is that it all depends on your education, certifications, skills, location, and…
You might know PowerShell as the improved command prompt version of Microsoft Windows, but PowerShell is more than that. It is also a scripting language that can be used for automation, and in this article we’ll show you how to automate tasks with PowerShell.
In this lesson, we will go through the steps on how to Create a Licensing Group in your Microsoft 365 tenant. Step 1: Access Azure Active Directory On your browser, login to Microsoft 365 Admin Portal via https://portal.office.com On the Sign in page, enter your Global Admin username in an email format and then enter your password on…
This tutorial will show you how you can get started learning the technical side of Cyber Security for Windows environments. This tutorial is going to show you how to use STIGs (Security Technical Implementation Guides) to identify low, medium and high vulnerabilities and patch them in your Windows Environments. What is a STIG? A STIG…
In the lesson you will access the Exchange Admin Center for Exchange Online and create a mail flow rule that checks for sensitive information in emails sent from inside your organization. Step 1. Log in to Exchange Admin Center for Exchange Online. On your browser, login to Microsoft 365 Admin Portal via https://admin.microsoft.com On the…
If you want to run SQL commands from your PowerShell terminal you can do so by simply installing the SQLServer module with the command below: You will be prompted to install from an untrusted source. Type “A” to accept and install the module. Once it is complete you can see all the new commands you…
In this lesson, you will learn how to import multiple cloud users to your Microsoft 365 tenant. If you want to learn about getting started with Microsoft 365, click here. Step 1. Create your users’ information into CSV file using the given template in your tenant. On your browser, login to Microsoft 365 Admin Portal…
Active Directory includes an Advanced Features view that will allow you to access several items that are hidden by default. This tutorial will show you how you can enable the Advanced Features view within Active Directory Users and Computers. Step 1. Start Server Manager Click the Windows button and select Server Manager: Step 2. Start…