Full-Access Members Only
Sorry, this lesson is only available to Server Academy Full-Access members. Become a Full-Access member now and get instant access to this and many more premium courses. Click the button below and get instant access now.
There are no resources for this lesson.
Congratulations on completing the Linux Fundamentals course! Now, it's time to put your skills into practice by setting up specific personal projects on your Linux server.
These projects are designed to be both challenging and rewarding, helping you solidify your understanding and enjoy the practical applications of your newfound knowledge.
Here are is a list of ideas and links to guides from Digital Ocean that can help you get started on specific Linux server projects:
- Apache Web Server for a Personal Blog: How To Install the Apache Web Server on Ubuntu 20.04.
- OwnCloud Personal Cloud Storage: How To Install and Configure ownCloud.
- OpenVPN Server for Secure Browsing: How To Set Up and Configure an OpenVPN Server on Ubuntu 20.04.
- Minecraft Gaming Server for Friends: How To Create a Minecraft Server on Ubuntu 22.04.
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) Environment with Jenkins: How To Set Up Continuous Integration Pipelines in Jenkins on Ubuntu 20.04.
- Nagios Network Monitoring for Home Network: How To Install Nagios 4 and Monitor Your Servers on Ubuntu 18.04.
- Postfix/Dovecot Email Server for Personal Communications: How To Set Up a Postfix E-Mail Server with Dovecot.
Each of these projects offers a unique opportunity to apply your Linux server knowledge in real-world scenarios. They range from basic to more advanced applications, ensuring that there's something for every level of experience. Dive into these projects, experiment, and most importantly, have fun learning and growing your Linux expertise!
Server Academy Members Only
Sorry, this lesson is only available to Server Academy Full Access members. Become a Full-Access Member now and you’ll get instant access to all of our courses.